Due to continued expansion at THE MOORLANDER an exciting opportunity for an EXPERIENCED ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE has arisen.
The Moorlander is a privately-owned, fortnightly newspaper sold at over 450 retail news outlets throughout Dartmoor and the wider Devon area. As The Moorlander’s circulation, readership and cover sales continue to grow we now seek an experienced advertising sales executive to generate and maintain new business from our offices in Okehampton.
Full time, PAYE, Mon – Fri, negotiable salary plus commission, office-based, Okehampton, EX20 1AT
Due to continued growth we are seeking a self-motivated and customer-focussed Advertising Sales Executive to join our progressive and already-successful team. Responsible for maintaining and growing sales revenues, you will maximise profitability through advertising sales whilst ensuring targets are consistently achieved.
Working closely with the Advertising Manager and the Graphic Designer you will ensure advertisement copy instructions are effectively communicated to relevant departments whilst ensuring deadlines and customer demands are met.
If you enjoy building relationships, can think on your feet while being able create urgency with your client, are target driven and possess the ability to qualify and close sales at all levels then this role would be right for you.
You should have a minimum of two years newspaper or magazine advertising sales experience ideally in a B2B or B2C environment and be target oriented with proven negotiation skills.
As a driven and self-motivated Advertising Sales Executive, you will have excellent communication skills and have demonstrable experience in generating leads, meeting and exceeding sales targets.
You will be highly organised, a team player, and won’t be fazed by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. With experience in a sales environment you will have the ability to build and maintain customer relationships and will always be looking out for new opportunities.
- Ability to prospect potential sales opportunities and deliver against targets
- You must be able to hit the ground running from day one
- A driven self-starter, you must be able to motivate yourself on a daily basis, often without supervision
- You must possess an exceptional ability to qualify and close sales
- Experience in dealing with different kinds of clients at different levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Able to handle rejection and be tenacious
- You must be a good communicator who can build rapport with clients quickly
- You will need to be numerate and competent with business software such as Microsoft Office and various CRM systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with English as your prime language
- Commercially aware
- Carry effective organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE – BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Cold calling and prospecting new clients via phone and email
- Canvassing for new business from competitive media and other sources
- Identify potential new business from old leads and competitive media
- Maintain accurate and detailed CRM records
- Report effectively on campaigns and sales success
- Business development and ideas generation to ensure maximum sales and revenue
- Act as a brand ambassador helping to build the brand as far and wide as possible
- Stand attendance in the summer months at various county shows throughout Dartmoor where the company exhibits
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR US
- Negotiable basic salary (dependant on experience) plus a lucrative, uncapped commission structure
- Paid weekly
- 21 days annual leave (in addition to statutory holidays) after probation period of three months
- Profitable, financially stable and growing company
- Excellent friendly working environment
- Town centre location close to shops, park library, cafes, pubs and restaurants
Core business hours are 9:30am – 5.30pm (one hour lunch) Monday to Friday, although on print deadline days a more flexible working approach may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the experience, the desire and the passion to make this role a success then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV with a covering letter stating your salary requirements and contact details to email@example.com. Or write to E.Partridge, Publisher, The Moorlander Limited, Clarke House, 19a East Street, Okehampton, Devon EX20 1AT. Deadline for applications is Friday, 10th October 2019. Telephone applications will not be considered.
WHEN YOU WILL KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL?
All candidates will receive a response to their application either way, a short list will be finalised with initial interviews taking place w/c 14th October 2019. Second interviews will take place w/c 21st October and – subject to suitable references, the chosen candidate will be invited to take up the post from Monday, 28th October 2019.
The Moorlander Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.